Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just Another #Tag

Thoughts shared by Temitayo Ogunsusi. 

So there I sat, bound in my mind,
beat down by 1 man's greed and his misguided interpretation of scriptures,
I'm shaken all over,my tears dried up and now,
only dust fills my eyes and sometimes spill from them.
They say death comes once, but I have died every minute.
The only sights of civilization I now enjoy
are the barrels and riffles that make sure I stay ever mute, and fear my abductors.
I have counted every second,each one that felt like a thousand days,
I have wondered if death is not better than my present state,

I have slowly become hopeless,
I have lost every connection with sanity,
I have been forced to recite scriptures,
I have been forced to forget every knowledge before now acquired.
I feel forgotten, I didn't fail my country,
I pursued knowledge relentlessly even though I knew the consequences in my community,
I went after knowledge, so I could make my life have meaning
and in turn better the lot of my people, my nation, my heritage.

I heard people celebrate, I saw mascots roam the streets in my mind,
I saw my peers in gorgeous clad, doing what I once was able to do,
and I wondered, how different are you from this man,
he has forgotten I'm just a child, wait;so have you.
I thought today was about me, and since I'm not there, should you celebrate?
O! Wait, I'm not your child, I'm just another #Tag on social media.
Your children are safe, you hug n kiss them good night everyday, so sigh! All is well.
My prayer is that I'm found before the FIFA World cup next month,
because I know, you might never remember me until after then.

#HappyChildrensDay to the ones who are safe, for me...I say.
There is truly a God or is there?

Follow him on twitter @I_AMT8710

No comments:

Post a Comment